Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] Christmas Eve, Apple Store - Employees Still Using Newts!

From: John Stairs (stairsj_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 09:18:18 PST

On Dec 27, 2005, at 9:41 PM, James Nichols wrote:

> Umm - sorry to barge in like this, but the largest screen apple
> sells, the HUGE 30 inch cinema display, does NOT require multiple
> video cards to drive it. It DOES however need a video card whose DVI
> port supports 2 full data channels (aka Dual Link DVI). This is part
> of the cable / connector specification for DVI ports, but not every
> video card supports more than one channel, and up until now most
> consumer monitors didn't require it.

You are of coarse correct, sorry for my blurb on the facts, in my
defense I was referring to the Mac article reviewing the introduction
of the 30" cinema display in which they were talking about the lack
of an adequate graphics card and mentioned that the current crop
could only run half the display in the highest resolution mode.

Sorry for the mixup!

---
John Stairs
stairsj_at_mac.com
...nothing is more painful than regret...
...NO FEAR!