Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 - nominal operational power drain?

From: Tim Skrastins (timskrastins_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 09:52:51 PST

Mine isn't on all that much...just a few minutes each day - say 15 min
a day x 7 days x 3 weeks / 60 minutes = approx 5 hours. This includes
wifi access and lots of backlight too. I'd also say that I've never run
the batteries all the way down, I just swap with freshly charged
batteries when I feel it's prudent. It seems that they show up as a
low% charged for a long time so I'm guessing they challenge the
accuracy of the battery gauge and may have a lot more left in them when
I swap out.

$15 is too much for 2300 mAH Energizers. Go to Target or Walmart and
pick up the 2500 mAH ones for $10 in a 4 pack. I've heard $17-18 for an
8 pack at Sams/Costco but don't have a membership so you'd have to
verify that yourself.

-Tim