[NTLK] Some pretty damn good new Newton eBooks

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 07:09:49 PST

Greetings, Newtonians!
I managed to squeeze some time between various new projects to finish a few
eBooks that had been languishing on my hard drive:

'The Doctrine and Practice of Yoga.'
I have not fully read this, having only glanced through the text as I 'power
edited' it, but it looks pretty good. This book is concerned wit mental
discipline exercises, not the body-bending stuff that Gomez did on 'The Adams
Family' TV show.

'The Evolution of Modern Medicine'
This is a great collection of texts taken from medical history lectures given
in the early 1900s. The reader will have to sift through dull quotations from
Virgil, Homer, etc, but once the chaff is removed, much of value can be
found. Some of the sub-topics include contributions developed by the Arabs,
Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Hebrews, as well as the work of others
from Medieval times through 1900.

These texts are older, owing to the restraints of copyright laws, but they
are available free and clear now! I'm sending them to my pals 'Kasko and
Victor, so they should be available through their web sites very soon. Enjoy!

Matt K.