Re: [NTLK] eMates and Mice?

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 11:48:00 PST

On Thursday, February 3, 2005, at 07:32 PM, Peter H. Coffin wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:14:27PM +0000, Adam Ladds wrote:
>> Would it be possible to use a serial mouse with an eMate? It would be
>> great to have a small mouse for an eMate, as it would complete the
>> "mini laptop" type setup and you would no longer need to use the
>> screen
>> for selecting, copying and pasting words.
>
> That would break the whole NewtOS metaphor, even worse than trying to
> use Windows with only a steering wheel would break the Window metaphor.
>
> An eMate isn't a "mini laptop", it's a Newton with an attached
> keyboard.

I know, I was just trying to get your imagination going and to think
about how it might look, the eMate isn't a mini laptop but looks like
one, besides, you wouldn't a mouse it for handwriting, that's just
stupid, it would just be nice to have another way of controlling menus
without moving your hand too far. It was just a thought, as I have just
bought a few eMates without styluses and wanted to see if it would work
to have a mouse, for controlling stuff, or are eMates ok with styluses
(i'll probably get styluses for them) for using the display, I have
always thought it would be awkward to use a pen on a upright display.
If you want to, please prove me wrong!