[NTLK] Sending a package from one Newton to another

From: jeromevernet_at_pastis.dyndns.org
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 12:40:27 PST

Hi,

I finally just found a perfectly new and unused 2100 (German one). But,
no Serial dock, no(t yet) Lan Card.
I found in the FAQ that the iRDA port on the 2100 cannot but used to
sync with my PowerBook (G3 Wallstreet).

My question is: is there a way to send a package from one Newton (a
130) to the 2100, with the normal 'installation process' ?
I found the way to beam an icon, or installing a package on a Card then
move the card to the 2100, but for some reasons, this won't work for
all packages.

For exemple, Chess is said to be 'Copy Protected', Graphiti doesn't
want to work. Some other Tools (NewtonTools) will work only if
*installed* on Internal. Even the (usefull !) KITfr from P. Guyot
does'nt works very well when not really installed thru Serial
connection.

More over, I want to buy an PCMCIA Lan card, the 3COM Etherlink III
seems to works, anyone to confirm ?

Regards.

jerome