Re: [NTLK] any GPRS on MP 2100 success stories?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 09:40:16 PST

On Feb 8, 2005, at 1:59 AM, Robert Viragh wrote:

> Anyone here successfully using GPRS on a MessagePad 2100?
> In looking for success stories I can find only this:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=102875729817763&w=2ntalk>
> which is for the Ericsson T68i. Anyone else have any GPRS luck?

I have used both the t68i and it's newer family mate the t610. Both
phones connect via GPRS, and exchange data.

Unfortunately both also disconnect intermittently due to an issue with
echo packets. It seems that the SE phones in particular and maybe
others don't like the echo packets that Newton Internet enabler insists
on sending. If there was a way to knock out these echo packets, this
would be a fantastic setup. As it is it's very sketchy and totally
unreliable, especially for mail...

Marty