Re: [NTLK] PICO Bluetooth Card

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 23:24:23 PST

On Feb 11, 2005, at 9:25 PM, Michael Guzzo wrote:

> I also purchased the Ambicom card (purple antenna) off eBay.
> Performance with Blunt is perfect, save a few reboots needed initially.
> My weak 2000U battery needs recharging once per week with light use,
> the BT card has not increased the battery drain too much. Now I just
> need to figure out how to run pppd over BT for using Escale or
> NewtSync. I've seen a lot of tools for configuring TCPIP sharing over
> BT that routes from airport or built in Ethernet but really all I want
> to do is establish a link between my 12" PB G4 and my Newt, not
> necessarily surf over BT with the newt. These other config programs
> always end up messing up my sharing configurations.

Actually you don't need to do that to just exchange files or install
packages...

You can use the bluetooth file exchange program in your utilities
folder under OSX 10.3 and use th inbox/outbox on the newton to send or
receive. If you also install Eckharts lovely IC/VC then many of these
item will be useful after you receive them too.

Pretty cool.
Marty