[NTLK] Dead eMate (formerly eMate Batteries and Flashing Screen)

From: Adamson_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 11:54:21 PST

Well, you guys all did it again! With the advice I received I was able to
boot my eMate by removing the Newer Tech upgrade. Bummer, but it also erased
everything on it.

I just reinstalled the Newer Tech and it did reboot giving me a hard reset.
"Do you want to erase everything?" I said yes and it did reboot. Now I
removed the power, left the upgrade and turned it off. It came back on OK. Is
it possible the upgrade just needed to be reseated? With this one day sale
by PCBman, I am tempted to buy an upgrade from him for $50.

Now I am checking to see if any of the batteries (at least one is brand new)
will hold a charge. Also, I am not worried about the hinge issue. Is there
someone who does this for pay? How much?

Last issue for now, my MP2100 has many, many programs from i++ to Dashboard
to, Bookmaking. Will they all beam from one to the other? I still do not
have a way of getting packages on either machine or NCU or NBU for that matter,
but I think they are on UNNA, but even if I download them how do I dock? Is
there a USB to serial? I've read some of the FAQ's and the Keyspan seems to
be one way to go are there others? Is there a best method of syncing or is
that still the problem that it was and the reason I last abandoned the Newt.
Never, ever again, if I can help it.

I am grateful for the help, now I just have to remember what I wrote in
those last few chapters.

Thanks folks, to quote Jackson Browne "you guys are the best."

Bob Adamson