Re: [NTLK] High Quality replacement MP2x00 white backlights

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 20:13:32 PST

Frank,

Please describe for us the manner the complete screen unit is manufactured.
Was the Back light glued to the back of the LCD which was glued to the
Digitizer?
And if so was it glued in a way that prevents disassembly?

I've definitely seen your site and checked the screen assembly out
first hand but did not investigate in much detail the actual
manufacture of the complete screen assembly.

You wise counsel and knowledge would be appreciated. Remember I did
not disassemble the LCD from the frame when I separated the digitizer
and LCD on my MP2x00's when trying to recover Digitizers and LCDs to
repair units. I went the round about way while you suggested I just
remove the LCD from the Bezel/Frame. So if it were possible I would be
a fanatic enough to try this... but as you said not for the average
mortal...

If anyone has a MP130 that's defective or just the screen assembly who
wouldn't mind giving it out for me to try this procedure please
contact me off-list.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung