Re: [NTLK] hello from puerto rico

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 10:39:15 PST

Hola,

I would judge the eMate as a pleasant curiosity, more than a modern
communications device. Certainly it can be used as a text processor and
you will be able to exchange data with your Macs via a serial cable.
Email is easy enough -- I don't know if you can use an external modem,
but a PCMCIA-based modem can be used. Others might say that you can
surf the Web, but that is both extremely limited and the available
applications tend to be buggy and not up to today's standards. Database
use under Newton is very limited -- poor applications and in my
experience impossible to find one that handles scrolling text fields
correctly.

David