Re: [NTLK] Car charging adaptor details

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 13:43:47 PST

At 02:27 PM 2005-02-15, you wrote:
>Very cool! But clearly Apple had nothing to do with this adapter.

Don't count on it. When the Newton was active, Apple worked with
manufacturers big and small. The provided documentation, samples, and
access to the original developers (hardware and software). They would
rather work with you than muscle you out of the market.

I suppose this is what they are doing with Belkin, Griffin, Sony, Bose,
Monster and others with the iPod. Do you think it would stretch the
abilities of Apple to come up with a battery pack? I don't think so.

I don't think it would have stretched the abilities of Apple to come up
with a Car Adaptor either. I do think they had Apple's help in developing
and marketing though.

>Marty

Andrei