Re: [NTLK] Backlight in a 120

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 23:00:41 PST

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:35:44 +0100, Frank Gruendel
<newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:

> Very likely not, because the 120 is lacking the
> hardware for driving a back light. With a special
> hardware addition it is possible to build a=20
> backlit 120, but you'd use the pen slot. And=20
> the back light would still be green, since you can't
> replace it in a 1x0 display and hence would have=20
> to use a 130 display as it is.=20

Frank,

One note - as I was packing away your Harris ST2K I tested all three
units in my possession. It seems that two of the three units have a
back light of a light blue hue while the last had a light green hue.

Yours has a light blue hue.

I wonder when they made these why they chose the light blue hue and
the why the last unit with the Harris markings eventually ended up
with the green back light? I understand that the green is the brighter
configuration by the last thread from Calvin.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung