Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge repair without desoldering/soldering motherboard

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 02:13:12 PST

On 15-feb-05, at 21:59, Stanley Yep wrote:
> I remember a web site which had instructions on how to flip your
> emate's
> motherboard so you would avoid desoldering/soldering any wires when
> performing the infamous hinge repair. Couldn't find it in the Wiki or
> though.

Don't know if there's a site but I have been one of the people saying
that it can be done with flipping.
After seeing Frank do the job I realize that we were talking about
different things though.
I 'just' put in a washer and some grease, Frank does a much more
thorough job for which you have to desolder.

<snip>

> but I do not feel very comfortable about soldering.

In that case you might not want to do this one, because the soldering
involved is very basic.
Even if you would do it by flipping the board, you should have a basic
'feel' for dissecting' electronics in my view.

Robert Benschop