[NTLK] FS: ez2vga card(s)

From: Ravindra Mohabeer (mohabeer_at_yorku.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 04:18:48 PST

I'm in a bit of a dilemma in terms of the price of these cards. Two
things come to mind. Since I got the cards from a gentleman who had
them as 'surplus', other than the first one that he threw in as part of
a package deal, I paid a reasonable sum for the rest.

In reselling them I didn't set the eBay 'buy it now' price randomly
but, instead, consulted whatever recent sales of similar cards I could
find. The price seemed high to me too. But then again, since Frank is
in Germany, when another list member pointed us to look at eBay in
Germany, you can get anything Newton that's for sale there MUCH cheaper
than you can here. I'm not sure why that is but I do know that I had to
pay more for my newton than I would have liked, particularly since I
could have got it for half as much in Germany (with the German roms of
course).

The second thing is that I didn't set a price on the cards on the list.
I simply put up a card for offer and asked anyone who was interested to
send me their offer. I have a few so far but I'm waiting on my
connection hardware so that I can load the packages to test the cards
before I sell them -- nothing worse than buying something that doesn't
work.

I can see why everyone would assume that I expected $350 us for each
card based on the eBay auction. That price wasn't an absolute final
expectation and I certainly don't fall into the 'what an ass' category.
I would have settled up for whatever reasonable offer was made at the
end of the auction, as long as it covered the cost I paid per card.

I suppose I wasn't specific enough in my first post. My apologies for
that. If you're interested in a card, don't think that $350 is my
absolute expectation. First come, first serve isn't either. For the
most part, what compels me more is what you'll be doing with the card.
The one I put up on eBay was more of a general tender offer for anyone
to do whatever with. The reason I put this one up on the list is
because I'd like to know what happens with it -- how it will be used.

For the most part, and I could be wrong, people who buy one of these
cards to use for anything other than sheer personal geek-pleasure, will
be using it to contribute to their professional operating capacity
(i.e. for business or academic purposes). I don't feel bad if someone
chooses to pay the 'buy it now' price. I just put it up for offer and
someone bought it.

The other card I sold to a list member is going to be used in his
school in a small town overseas (at least overseas from me). What they
will be using the card for is quite interesting. His offer was less
than half of the eBay price and just covered my cost for the card,
which was fine with me.

I'm sorry for any confusion. Please don't brand me an ass prematurely.

Ravi