Re: [NTLK] My 130 is gone!

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 04:10:00 PST

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:46:05 +0100, Abraham Limpo Martinez
<volcano_at_menta.net> wrote:

> (yeah, I'm just a polluter, but I always forget to charge them!), and I
> didn't like the idea of the newton accidentally charging alcaline =
> batteries.

Abraham,

Just an FYI regarding the MP130 charging.

Only a rechargeable pack can get recharged in the MP130. Alkalines
can't get recharged since when you install them the square button on
the bottom of the battery compartment is not depressed down. Even
though I don't have one personally - the rechargeable packs are held
(glued) together between two plates - the bottom plate because of it's
shape will depress the square button which tells the MP130 that it has
a rechargeable pack installed and hence forth it would try to charge
the pack/cells.

You could always tape a pack of NiCads together and make sure the
bottom half had something hard such as hardened glue from a glue gun
where the square pin resides. I've not had time yet to do this but I
would think that if you used Duct Tape on four NiCad cells and placed
glue carefully between the 2nd and 3rd cells on the bottom side of the
pack you create it should work well. Of course what I suggest is a bit
on the crazy side and anyone who would try this do so at their own
risk and at the risk of their MP.

If anything I've stated is wrong please correct me!

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung