Re: [NTLK] NewtSync difficulty

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 12:04:29 PST

List: newtontalk
Subject: Re: [NTLK] NewtSync difficulty
From: Ross Lindell <lindell () teamslack ! com>
Date: 2005-02-07 18:55:51
[Download message RAW]

> As a general comment, to me this is really the one thing preventing me
> from really using my Newton MP2000+, reliable synchronization with my
> Powerbook is a must have.

Same here, only I dream of a Bluetooth solution.

> Unfortunately I am not a programmer,

Neither am I, but...

> so cannot take matters into my own hands, and contribute more.

...one can always do whatever one is able to support the community in
general, which may trickle down (or rather, up) the food chain to the
developers - examples are certain book-making efforts, or people
working on
the Wiki, or coughing up software wishes and beta-testing stuff, or
running
local Newton User Groups, or...

   And then there's always the opportunity to drop a personal note of
thanks
and check if there's anything you can do to help. Some people need
feedback
and testers, others hardware, some would not frown about monetary
donations
to their causes, etc. You see, there is much one can do.

> I certainly want to applaud the efforts of
> Nowhere Man, and others who are working on this.

Indeed - and on all the other pet apps we have!

Cheers,

DJV.