Re: [NTLK] Newton packages versus OS X packages

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_tds.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 06:31:12 PST

On Feb 17, 2005, at 22:27, James Nichols wrote:

> Doesn't recognize them? Are they showing up as a generic white paper
> icon? Or as a yellow "package" with black string?
>
> If it's the former you should get PackType off of this page at unna:
> http://www.unna.org/view.php?/macos
> Open the packages with packtype (or just drop em on it's icon) and it
> should set the creator and type codes of the files (which tell macos 9
> what the file is and which programs can use it) properly.
>
> Hope this helps!

on a related note, is there a way to keep OS X from recognizing Newton
packages as OS X packages? When I download a package, the OS X
installer automatically launches because it thinks it needs to do
something with the Newton package. Can I keep the installer from
launching?

--
Tom Isenbarger PhD
isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu