Re: [NTLK] IP number on Newton

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 10:35:27 PST

It certainly should be possible:

When I connect to the net with my wifi card, one of the various status
messages that flashes by on the "connecting" dialog pane lists the IP
address I was assigned. It goes by pretty quickly though, and I haven't
seen an app around that can find this information after one is already
connected.

Is it possible that the NIE ethernet or Hiroshi's driver software would
hold this number in memory somewhere when running? If so - could it not
be read out by an app / nie patch that knew where to look / perhaps
they have a method or hook in their code somewhere that would allow us
to access it?

J Tyler Nichols