Re: [NTLK] IP number on Newton

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 14:15:25 PST

On Feb 18, 2005, at 1:41 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Aux environs du 18/02/05 =E0 22:33 +0100, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] IP
> number on Newton", Daniel Padilla prit sa plus belle plume pour
> =E9crire les mots suivants:
>> Yep, it's there. exactly here:
>>
>> Getglobals().|inetManagerFSM:=20
>> NIE|.fDomainServiceFSM.fLinkEntry.localAddress
>>
>> Robert, I can send you a simple app if that person doesn't know =20=

>> how to
>> access that frame. If anybody else needs this, let me know offlist.
>
> I strongly discourage the use of such a method to access the IP
> address in a program, for compatibility with non NIE-ways to connect
> to the Internet.

Whooo hooo!
Looking forward to some non NIE internet access from the Newton(or non =20=

newton hardware that looks just like newton) !!!!

Since you are both(Paul and Daniel) here (in this thread that is) ...

What is the possibility of disabling the TCP echo packets that NIE =20
insists on sending? This would be a fantastic breakthrough for me and =20=

other bluetooth GPRS users if it was possible....

Thanks!
Marty