Re: [NTLK] Newton packages versus OS X packages

From: Randolphin (rgore_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 16:13:53 PST

James Nichols wrote:

> Be warned that Packager is kind of a funny app - people have reported
> that it will sometimes crash right after you drop your packages onto
> it, but it crashes AFTER having fixed their types. YMMV

Speaking of Packager's funny behavior somewhere along the way, my
version of Packager (or maybe MacOS?) quit changing the icon on
the packages it changes. I used to have an icon that looked very
similar to the earlier icons from MacOs's prior to 9 now the icons
stay like the installer icons... NCU and NewTen recognize the
changed programs but I miss the different icon; it was a good way
to tell if I'd run Packager on it.

cheers,

Randy