Re: [NTLK] Escale over Ethernet

From: Allan Hise (allan_at_hise.org)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 09:15:19 PST

Interesting that this came up today, because I was about to ask a similar
question...

I'm getting back into using my newton after many years, and decided to
install some books to read on an international flight I'll be on tomorrow.
Talk about last minute, huh.

Anyway, realzed that NCU won"t work natively on OS X, and I have no
classic partition, so I nneded to go some other way. I still have a
working ethernet card and packages (I think...) from years ago, so I tried
Escale.

The connection via appletalk over Ethernet works without a hitch, and I
can type with my desktop keyboard (extremely slowly...), but package
installs just hang. The same for sync... As soon as I quit Escale, the
Newton sees that the connection is broken.

Ideas of things to try? I have a Newton 2000 upgraded,
with OS X 10.3.8

Thanks,

Allan