Re: [NTLK] problem

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 05:25:06 PST

Dear Bubba and list.

I'm always for the appropriate action and venue to be taken to correct
or complain about an issue as mentioned here is this and other
threads.

However I happen to speak with an eBayer who purchased the SmallTalk
software from KnowledgeNavigator. I sent them to www.unna.org and
asked that they check that out because the software is suppose to be
FREEWARE. I also clarified that they should check the registration
code for themselves. I DID NOT give any info other than that and the
link and I just received a response.

KnowledgeNavigator sold via email attachment with NO MEDIA Disks or
hard copy Documentation copyrighted software. This falls under the
eBay Rule of selling Pirated Software in some respects to my opinion.
Then the buyer informed me that the Registration Code is the same
Code. (Remember I DID NOT mention what the code was!) I have all the
email records of this conversation and also the email from the buyer.
He also forwarded the items KnowledgeNavigator sent him.

Now tell me is this sufficient proof for us who are not the author to
file a complaint. I recall the author does follow this list but I'm
not sure if he still does.

Would it be improper for any of us to complain about such auction and
any buyer to file a complaint that they were defrauded?

I know KnowledgeNavigator is likely reading this and I may get a lot
of flack about this but this is MORALLY WRONG. Even in most freeware
agreements I've read you are to charge only media and shipping and
from what I see email should not cost KnowledgeNavigator that much to
send just those copyrighted items...

My two cents!

By the way Bubba, I don't think they allow illegal activities of any
sort no matter when you commit them even if on personal time. It's
still their system and this would open the door for liability still.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung