[NTLK] Newton Phone Help

From: jg (jgprofilin2_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 23:56:21 PST

Hi,

I have a Newton Phone, Siemens. Newton works well but the battery
compartment is different. What kind of battery should be used there?
Secondly, the phone doesn't work. When connected to the phone jack it
sounds "beep" (loudspeaker not receiver) and cannot be switched off by
hanging the receiver or pressing the button. I cannot make a
connection. When pushing the buttons click sounds but no connection is
made. Is this a tone phone? I don't think so.

Any comments? I would like to repair the phone. Where?

Regards, John