Re: [NTLK] New, But Getting Frustrated, Newton User

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 05:42:21 PST

Vaughn Corden wrote:

> the Errors DB about this:
>
> http://guelph.unna.org/errors/viewcomments.php?code=3D-60088
>
> (This link doesn't work anymore - Vaughn)

Whoa, old server name, sorry.

http://tools.unna.org/errors/viewcomments.php?code=-60088

> So, then I tried assigning a manual IP and I seemed to get a connection
> to my router, but NetHopper gave me a DNS error. I tried several DNS
> servers, but they all returned NetHopper DNS errors .

Most routers will do DNS forwarding, so try setting the DNS server on the
Newton to the same internal IP address as your router / gateway.

> 1) To be able to sync with Now Up to Date & Contact.
> - I can get my contacts using NewtSync, but not the notes
> - No clue how to get my calendar info over to the Newton since Now
> don't offer a utility for iCal.

It was recently mentioned that Now! Up to Date will only sync to Now! v3.9.
v4.0 or higher are no longer supported.

cf: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=110442984717436

> 2) Browse the occasional web site, but more frequently send and receive
> email.

For browsing, there are some choices which I've summarized here (because this
question comes up about once every other week, no offence):

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/WebBrowsers

For sending/receiving e-mail, SimpleMail (for POP3/SMTP) or Mail V (for
IMAP/SMTP) are your best bets. NB Mail V only supports a limited number of
IMAP folders.

http://www.simple.dial.pipex.com/
http://www.newtonmail.dsl.pipex.com/