Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN cards?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 19:43:38 PST

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:28:17 -0800, Martin Joseph
<martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> Do you have your Newt working with this base with the WEP turned off?
> I have seen some issues with this base and both the Silver and Gold
> wavelan card, in a newt I know to work AOK...

Right now my base doesn't have a WaveLAN Silver. I'm in the process of
getting a replacement card. I was hoping this base would work with the
COMPAQ WL110 (Re-Branded Gold) so I wouldn't have to get a Silver but
it doesn't seem to work with the COMPAQ card.

The cards seems to work fine with my Netgear WiFi Router. It's been
awhile since I last used them but that's because I don't use it much
with the Newt for iNet browsing due to the limitation..

Does anyone have expertise with the ABS Graphite to know if it can use
other cards such as the DWL-650 or the COMPAQ WL110 (Gold).... I'm
trying to get a Silver at this time as it seems not to work with
either card I mentioned.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung