Re: [NTLK] WiFi Wireless Network Hotspotter

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 11:23:32 PST

I got one of these for x-mas (I have a wonderful
wife!) and I have to say I go nowhere without it!
I carry around my newt with a wireless card and when I
get to a place where I am sitting, I find a wireless
network with my Canary Wireless hotspotter, put in the
SSID in my Newt and I have instant access. It's also
helpful when determining interference. I found that
the hotspotter identified another network with the
default name of a friend's AP on the same channel.
(for some reason, Netstumbler was having a difficult
seperating my friend's network from the other rogue
network...)
Plus, there is the pure geek factor that needs to be
addressed. I showed my IT guy here at work and his jaw
dropped as he immediatly set plans to get one of his
own.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "David B.Alford" <davidba_at_speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I have a small quantity of the new WiFi HotSpotter
> (www.canarywireless.com) to ship. Manufacturer
> currently lists the
> product on backorder. I will ship this immediately
> at their current
> price point, plus
> shipping. email me and I will fill your order! This
> is the latest and
> greatest WiFi Wireless Network Access
> point detector on the market today! Find Open,
> Closed, Cloaked
> networks, gives you Network Name (SSID), signal
> strength and channel
> number. Everything you need by the password or
> encryption key if it is
> closed.
>
> davidba_at_havewifiwilltravel.com

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial