Re: [NTLK] Update: OrbRacer .003

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 21:14:42 PST

On Jan 11, 2005, at 12:03 AM, Eagan Rackley wrote:

> Right now i'm planning on having several bigger courses, computer
> racers, laps, ranking, ramps, and weapons / powerups. Hopefully if I
> get
> it done, it'll be lots of fun :).

The most addictive game I've played was Dirt Bike 3D. What made it so
bad were the other riders (up to four) you were up against were your
previous best times, so they were always close. Most computer opponents
(in racing games at least) seem either lame or super-human. Besides, it
would save programming all the AI. The Gran Turismo ghost cars also had
the same addictive quality, always trying to do better, and better, and
better, ...

Keep the updates coming, but don't burn yourself out.