Re: [NTLK] Reading ebooks from Palm Digital Media

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 08:00:24 PST

I AM BEHIND IN MY EMAILS AND JUST CAME ACROSS THIS ONE. I TOO WAS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AND AFTER ONE OF THE REPLYS I DID A SEARCH AND FOUND A WINDOWS BASED DOC READER. I AM INCLUDING THE LINK FOR THE PAGE I FOUND.
I HAVE DOWNLOADED AND CAN USE THE 6TH ONE DOWN ON THE LIST DOC READER.
http://www1.gantep.edu.tr/~sonercan/convert.htm
IT SEEMS TO CONVERT ON THE FLY TO TEXT WHICH CAN THEN BE TRANSFERED TO NEWTON PRESS FOR MORE BOOKS FOR OUR NEWTS. I HAVENT MADE ANY BOOKS WITH IT AS OF YET BUT I DID TEST IT WITH A PALM DOC (.PDB) BOOK AND IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE READER OR MAKING A NEWTON PRESS BOOK. AFTER I READ THRU MY 900+ EMAILS I WILL BE ON A BOOK MAKING PROJECT.

LONG LIVE THE GREEN,

LAG
karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be> wrote:
This will probably score high on the DumbQuestion'Ometer , but
does anyone know of a way to read the encrypted ebooks (.PDB format)
from Palm Digital Media ( http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/ ) on a
Newton MessagePad?

They have several interesting titles and sometimes I pine when reading
them on my Treo sub-micron screen.

Karel Jansens