[NTLK] Sick of Newtendo Landscape?

From: Eagan Rackley (eagix_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 10:41:55 PST

Hi guys,

I need some community input on the next release of Newtendo.

Some people have complained to me, because Newtendo doesn't use standard
drawing routines. I'm going to list the pros and cons of this below, and
I'd like to ask you Newtendo users to go to my site and vote on what you
think is better. Whichever one gets more votes, is what I'll implement,
so please, if you want your input heard on this, speak now! :)

*Pros of current Landscape-Only drawing method:*
4-5 Frames Per Second better drawing speed:
You can stretch the images to fill out the upper portion of the screen.

*Cons of current Landscape-Only drawing method:*
You can't open any other application while Newtendo is running.
You can't rotate the screen while Newtendo is running.
Reminders don't display properly while Newtendo is running, as Newtendo
draws directly to vram, erasing the reminder window as it is drawn.
Won't work in Einstein Emulator

*Pros of standard Newton OS drawing method:*
You can see the Extra bar, and open any application over Newtendo.
You can rotate the screen while Newtendo is running.
Reminders will display over the Newtendo window, allowing you to
remember whatever it was you were trying not to forget.
You can move the window around a little if you need to.
Will work in Einstein Emulator

*Cons of standard Newton OS drawing method*
4-5 Frames Per Second slower than current release
You can't stretch the image to fill the upper portion of the screen.

I don't wish to maintain two separate methods of drawing to the screen
right now, so I'm not listing it as an option for this release. Please
hop over to the site and vote if you have an opinion.

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~eagan/

Thanks!!!

-Eagan