Re: [NTLK] Hacks/Kludges to brighten standard display?

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 13:18:49 PST

See
<http://www.adago.net/>
and
<http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00backlightreplacement.html>
for two options of replacing the backlight. I have installed the white
backlight and found it brighter than my worn-out one but not as bright
as the original. See Franks review for info on the other option.
all eMates and Newton backlights hum, but some are much louder than
others.
While I agree with your gripe while at home where we usually have
subdued lighting, I have little trouble in most stores, offices and
indirect sunlight. I like the contrast control on the eMate better
than on the 2x00, but the 2x00's contrast setting can be recentered by
double tapping the word contrast on the extras drawer.
My biggest complaint was with Newton books with small font, I now make
most of my own and use a larger font and bold face.
Good luck
Woody