Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Einstein Emulator DP3

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 09:52:22 PST

Aux environs du 16/01/05 à 13:57 +0100, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
[ANN] Einstein Emulator DP3", Paul Guyot prit sa plus belle plume
pour écrire les mots suivants:
> > Is it able to show a bigger screen?
>
>I haven't tested with recent builds. I'll add the option.

During boot, the logo is properly aligned:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-boot.png

The setup uses the original display params:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-setup.png

The screen calibration is correct, though:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-align.png

The busy box is also centered:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-busybox.png

Gestalt reports the proper size:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-gestalt.png

But the root and children views don't occupy the whole display place:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-root.png

(you cannot move items outside the original rectangle).

However, I figured out that I could change the display params by
setting a global variable (AllRawDisplayParams). I did so, in the
installScript of a rex package. It's too late for the initial
display, but after a rotation, everything expands to the full size:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-after-rotate.png

Including in landscape mode:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dp4-640x480-landscape.png

I'll try to figure out how to have the full size as soon as possible
(but I bet that some items including the Setup application aren't
perfectly resizable).

(in case you wonder from the screenshots, 710031 doesn't install
properly (yet?)).

Paul

--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Baignoire à vendre.