Re: [NTLK] stylus not recognized

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 11:58:43 PST

On Jan 16, 2005, at 9:11 AM, nelson wrote:

> My 2000u has been acting up a little latly, will start with trying to
> select boxes
> and will seem like i am not touching were i want, kinda off about a
> 1/8 to the
> right. Ended up it just needed cleaning around the edge of the screen.
> All of the
> paper dust from work was giving it an allergy i guess. A good cleaning
> with a very
> fine art brush and realignment, alls well.
> Bryan

Yes this seems to be the primary issue with the jaggies... Running a
business card around the screen under the bezel can sometimes clear a
small speck of something that is compressing the touch screen there.

As reported previously here, the fix for the hard core variety of this
problem is to completely disassemble the MP and rub a bit off the lip
that is closest to the screen. This additional clearance is in many
case a fix for the problem.

Marty