Re: [NTLK] MessagePad 120 No response

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 12:49:40 PST

On Sunday, January 16, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada
Mail wrote:

> One question, the power switch has been rather sticky since he's had
> it, is it normal for the switch to be so difficult to press or should
> it feel more like the 2100 switch, which I am familiar with.

Yes, I do find that the power switch on the 120 to be flawed by design
and if my fingers are slightly moist or oily, it can be quite difficult
to get it to slide down, all the way, to make contact. Add to that the
possibility that something sticky may have gotten into the slider area
and it could be even more troublesome.

Try using a pencil eraser (or other rubber contraption) for better
(temporary) gripping. Then you might try to clean the slider with wet
Q-Tip (alcohol? Windex?) and work the slider switch it back and forth,
alternating with a clean, wet Q-Tip and a dry one until it's clean and
dry.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET
--
 From the "Who says, 'Size Doesn't Matter'" file:
   Ever notice, when someone comments on your Newton PDA,