Re: [NTLK] trying to get my rom dumped

From: paul oberman (poberman_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 17:23:34 PST

Ok, now i cant find ROMDumper. i got a folder full of stuff, off unna,
but it doesn't include a ROMDumper package for the newt, only something
called PeekAt. these instructions are very good, but i cant seem to
find this package. paul

ROM dump to a Mac:
Install ROMDumper on your Newton. Make sure you can connect to your
local network and a Mac running X via Newt's ethernet card or wireless
card and establish what IP address was given your Newt (manual setting
of the IP would be best, else you will need to establish Newt's IP
running DHCP setting. I use ettercap on the Mac.)

On your Mac, launch the Terminal.

Type nc Newt's IP addess here 10080 > rom
       ie. nc 192.168.2.4 10080 > rom

Launch ROMDumper on the Newt.

A 8MB file named rom will be downloaded to the top level of your user
folder on your Mac.

Change the name of the file according to the instructions i.e. 717006

Place the file in the data folder as instructed next to the
Einstein.rex file.

Dumping to a PC? I do not know.

RB

--