[NTLK] Newton 2100 OS X woes

From: Clinton Yelvington (cyelving_at_cbu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 23:07:41 PST

Hello,
        I don't post to this list much, but I have a problem. I have a Newton
2100 and a 15" Aluminum PowerBook running Panther 10.3.7. I have been
trying vainly for a couple of hours to get my Newt to connect to my
PowerBook using TCP/IP and Rendezvous, with the Escale program. I have
a Farallon Ethernet Card, PN 16-0035-000 Rev B. This does not match
either of the Farallon pics on Victor's Newton Ethernet page. I can get
the Newton on the internet just fine, so I know the card works. But
every time I try to dock with my PowerBook, the activity light on the
cable turns off and my Newton and PowerBook don't see each other. I
have tried both a standard and a crossover cable. I have also tried
AppleTalk over Ethernet, with no success. I should also mention that my
2100 docks fine with an older Titanium 667 running OS 9 and NCU. Is my
problem related to Escale, my card, or what? Any help would be much
appreciated. I really would like to be able to use my Newton without
reaching for an older machine all the time...

Thanks in advance,

Clinton Yelvington
cyelving_at_cbu.edu
Newton -- The Little Green Engine that Could
Proud owner of a Newton MP2100 and an eMate 300