Re: [NTLK] Screen getting darker

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 09:59:45 PST

You may be wearing sunglasses, or unintentionally changed the contrast.
  Without the backlight on the display uses reflected light, so I
suspect contrast.
In the worst case I have seen eMates with areas of the display that
were dark in comparison to other parts. and I have seen these reach
about 2" diameter so it is possible that the screen is actually
darkening though I have never seen it on a 2x00.
When the extras drawer is open, the contrast slider is visible. If
adjusting the contrast helps but not enough, double tapping the
contrast label will re-center it and allow further adjustment.
Un-doing this action is possible only with a brainwipe and not
restoring 'system information', but you canre-adjust in the other
direction to get approximately back to the starting point.

Woody