Re: [NTLK] Writers here who use eMate? Experiences?

From: keith (keith_at_vortex.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 06:45:48 PST

>Does anyone else have experience using the eMate for this type of
>writing-planning? Or are there Newton packages made specifically to
>keep track of bits of information like this (as there are Mac programs
>to do so)?

Jim, I can't help there, but I am very interested to hear what
suggestions people may have. I tend to write one main thing at a
time, but I do keep notes for whatever I'm writing as I'm going. Even
being able to split the screen into a left and right section on
occasion (to see two portions of text at once) would be handy.

I'm currently waiting to perform a preventative hinge 'repair' on the
eMate I got recently, so I'm not using it yet. (I'm planning on doing
it at the next London Newton User Group meeting so anyone that's
interested can watch!)

I do remember feeling that the keyboard was slightly smaller than a
standard one - meant for smaller fingers I suppose - but it wasn't a
real issue.

Once it is all sorted out then I'm going to have a go at using it for
a decent proportion of my MacUser writing. My current plan is to use
Works with the Wordsworth live(ish) wordount add-on, as that's just
about all I need when I write professionally.

BTW, did anyone notice the eMate article in the recent issue of MacUser? :-)