Re: [NTLK] Writers here who use eMate? Experiences?

From: Oliver N Leaman (Oliver.Leaman_at_uky.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 07:51:04 PST

I write all my books on my eMate, I have had it since they first came out a=
nd it still goes strong. I imagine it is not very useful for highly sophi=
sticated layout, but for most authors I suppose like me they need somethi=
ng they can easily take with them wherever they go, and the tidying up ca=
n be done later on a desktop machine of one type or another right at the =
end when the book is finished. The keyboard is a bit smaller than the nor=
m but one gets used to it, especially if it is where most of the writing =
takes place, and my eMate has been admired from Cairo to Calcutta. In fac=
t, at a recent conference in Milan a Spanish colleague of mine who had no=
t seen me for a few years asked me where it was, and when I asked what, h=
e said the eMate. And there it was snugly resting in its bag and waiting =
for a bit more action. I also have a couple of Newtons with keyboards but=
 they are not the same, nice for a change, perhaps, but there is nothing =
like the eMate for ease of use.

Oliver