Re: [NTLK] Purses

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 08:32:11 PST

I've been carrying a "Purse" for my Newton for the
last dozen or so years now...I used to carry a
knapsack but the company I worked for said no large
bags were allowed in the building (employee theft
worries) So, I switched to what I like to call a
Satchel. I'll accept "Man Bag", but not "Purse". I
find the satchel quite liberating, and I don't have
that "butt-dimple" to cradle my wallet in the back
pocket!
I picked up my satchels at Eddie Bauer for the
beginning years, but they have been harder and harder
to find. My current one is a leather bag from Wilson
Leather...it's all beat to hell and needs to be
replaced...I have a replacement one(I purchased 4 last
time at Eddie Bauer) but everything's packed up while
I wait for my new house to be built...I coulnd't find
it if I tried!
Fortunatly for me, I'm of German decent (first
generation american) so I can pass off my carrying a
bag as a "European" quirk and most people who are
adults accept that.
And being the gadget person I am, I certainly need my
pockets for my other gadgets...like my digital camera,
my Canary Wireless Hotspotter, my Magellan GPS, my MP3
player, Cell phone and pager, my IR Thermometer,
backup batteries for everything, and of course, I
always carry a yo-yo with me!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Brad Schmidt <brad.schmidt_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I carried an old European army bag that lay flat and
> didn't look like a
> purse, even though all my friends called it a
> man-purse. Worked well
> for off-body pistol carry along with my newt and all
> the other stuff.
> Still carry it occasionally mostly for a pistol, not
> my newt, when I
> choose to carry and am not wearing something that
> works comfortably
> with a holster.
>
> Works out great, cause now if anyone teases me I can
> just shoot them.
> So I have that going for me.
>
> brad
>
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles:
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial