Re: [NTLK] Uploading Newton to iCal with NewtSync

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 10:00:56 PDT

On Jul 6, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Richard wrote:

> Hi. I'm a long time Newton owner, and I have about 9 years of address
> book and calendar data on my Newtons. It's time to move on finally,
> and I bought a Treo 650. I've been trying to use NewtSync 0.3.3 to
> get data off my Newton into my Pismo (PowerBook G3 Firewire) running
> Tiger (X.4.1) so I can synch it into the Treo. So far, I've had no
> success after three all-evening sessions in spite of some brave
> assistance by the technical assistance volunteers at my Mac user
> group, the Washington Apple Pi. I hope you can help.

Do you have OS 9 installed on this machine? If so, you might find you=20
have better luck using NCU on OS 9. It can export your Newton data to a=20=

text file, and then use VersionTracker.com to find an import utility to=20=

get those names into Address Book, to export again to your Treo.

--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa