[NTLK] Connection by Ethernet & Wifi-nearly there!

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 13:43:18 PDT

Hi List.

I've moved many steps forwards since last post, and thanks to some excellent 'how-tos' supplied with my recent 3com Ethernet and Wavelan Wifi Card purchases (Newton vendors are helpful people!), plus the Wiki and N-talk Archive, I *think* I've got all the neccessary drivers and apps running on the Newt 2000 that I need.

I'm trying to network with either/both of two OSX machines (1.4.1 Powerbook and 1.3.8 G4 AGP) by either airport or ethernet.

I fried my Powerbook's airport card so will come back to that later!

However in terms of getting an ethernet connection to work between the Powerbook and Newton I'm stumped. Its a side of OSX I've never really grasped. Appletalk? TCP/IP?

Can anyone steer me in the direction of some simply laid out advice on how to set up such a network?

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Jon.