Re: [NTLK] Total frustration - about to bin it!

From: Matthew Reidsma (mreidsma_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 09:32:10 PDT

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 08:06, Brian wrote:

> When I try to select the SMTP section in the Owner's card - it
> selects all the Simple Mail setup and there is no SMTP authenticate
> option. So how....????

Brian,

I didn't have my Newt handy when I wrote the reply earlier. Now,
however, I am armed with my Owner card right before my very eyes.

So, when you select your Simplemail setup in the Owner's card, the whole
Simplemail slip should come up. I don't have an easy screenshot method,
but it should follow this order:

Enabled checkbox (should be checked)
Email pulldown list
Username input line
POP Host pulldown list/input line
POP Host Authenticate checkbox followed by Set Password button
SMTP host input line
SMTP Host Authenticate checkbox followed by Set Password button
Keyboard

If yours looks differently, then we've got some issues. Check to see
what version of SimpleMail you are using by opening the In/Out box,
selecting "Simplemail prefs" from the "i" box in the lower left hand
corner, and then selecting "About" from the "i" box in the lower left
hand corner of the Simplemail prefs pop-up window. I'm running
4.3b1/debug, for reference.

At any rate, if yours looks the same, then the "Authenticate" checkbox
below the SMTP host input line should be checked, and the "Set password"
button should be tapped, followed by entering any password you like.
Follow the steps in the previous email, and you should be all set (we
hope.)

If you run into more issues, feel free to drop me a line on iChat/AIM.
My ID is "thereidsma." Also, have you mentioned where you are
geographically? Perhaps someone is close by who could help as well. Hope
we can get this sorted out!

--
-Matthew Reidsma