[NTLK] Severe Newton Limitation

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 04:04:44 PDT

Subject: [NTLK] Severe Newton Limitation
From: mkow1234 () aol ! com
Date: 2005-07-12 12:58:52

>I can see a potential problem in reading eBooks on the Newton without
use of the \
>right hand, since the arrow buttons for turning pages are way down on
the lower \
>right-hand side of the screen.

Man, what's your problem already! ;=} You're using a Newton!!! Go
"Extras/* Rotate", select "Controls left" (or "Controls right",
whatever it shows), and the controls zap to the other side! The sheer
joy of it!

Honestly, without this little but precious piece if fun, reading ebooks
can be quite a bother. Using this is even more a revelation than
discovering that the * button (overview button) displays a book's table
of contents.

>I THINK there is an app somewhere (somebody chime in \
>here) that allows the Newton's on-off switch to activate the
page-turning function. \

Chime, chime -- Librarian, mentioned in the current "sleep problem"
thread. Never tried it, though.

>There was also an app that supposedly could allow sound to trigger the
page-turning \
>function. I never got that to work properly...

Check Daniel Padilla's website, I think it was by him.

Okay, gotta hop now -- DJV.