Re: [NTLK] [Q] Importing group vcf-card doesn't play

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 14:15:02 PDT

>>> Now at least the IC/VC window pops open and stays open -- but stalls
>>> at
>>> the first entry, whose name it displays.
>>> After that, I get Newton error message -48402, which means
"Expected a
>>> string" and is one of the "Bad Type Errors".
>>>
>>> ???
>>
>> BTObexing all Names from the Newton to my PowerBook as "Multiple
>> Cards.vcf.vcf" works great, so there is something working. But
IC/VCing
>> from In Box to Names still no go, VCF 2.1 or 3.0, no difference.
>
>Did you try a single card first?

No, will do... Okay, a single card works. But as soon as I try to
import all cards: -48402. Any new tricks for me?

>looks an extra .vcf above also...

That's what I get from BTObexing all Names off the Newton, to the Mac.
Works great, imports sweetly to the Address Book, no issue here, no
matter how many .vcfs there are.

My prob is with getting stuff OFF the Mac, TO the Newton (aka "the
other way round" ;=} )... BT to In Box is good, Put Away via IC/VC
stalls. Me unhappy.

>I know single cards work for me, don't know if I've tried mulitples...

Off the Newton, great joy. To the Newton, no gain.

DJV.