Re: [NTLK] Audio in and out

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 17:25:31 PDT

I made a dongle for my 2100 from a mobile phone power connector, I
think it was panasonic, it has a few of the pins missing at one end,
but they are not for audio so its ok. the connector does not go all the
way in, but just far enough to reach the connectors and the sides of
the plug, which i had to cut down to get it to fit (not the newton end,
the connector end). it's not as long as the newton plug, but the pin
spacing is correct and i get good sound out of it with it. Basically
it's a plug and a socket in a case, a newton compatible one and a 3.5mm
stereo jack for sound out, another could easily be made for sound in,
but i don't really need it ATM, the microphone is fine for me.

It works with headphones (quietly) or with a small amplifier and saved
me from destroying a perfectly good dongle

cheers

Adam

On 18 Jul 2005, at 09:26, Jon Scordia wrote:

> I've been thinking about ways of getting audio in and out of a Newt
> 2000.

This is a poor sig.