[NTLK] Mail V and dotmac

From: Brian (spylaw4_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 08:30:13 PDT

Hi All,

I'm having an interesting time trying to get Mail V to work on my
Newt 2k (updated). I'm using a 3Com LAN card and that seems to work
ok. Internet setup is manual with all the bells and whistles entered
through a Netgear router.

When I try to receive I get a message that it can't resolve the IP
address of the dotmac mail server. Yet when I do a send it works
fine and sends, and then if I do a receive straight after - it
works ! ( Mail is set to disconnect after send/receive)

Very odd? Why should this be? Any clues as to how to resolve?

Thanks - Brian