Re: [NTLK] New to the Newton (iCal)

From: Sonya Hipper (sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 10:15:45 PDT

One thing you can do if you have Tiger is export your calendar you =20
want transported to the Newt (by whichever means...either a direct =20
file x-fer into In/Out or, if you wanna get fancy, turn on Personal =20
Web Sharing and use IC/VC's webcal functionality) to be imported by =20
IC/VC. The major downer is it's a once-way trip. Of course, you can =20
also send out (via BTObEx, say, or email) vCals of any meetings/=20
events you create on your newt and iCal will merrily import them.

It's kludgy, I know, but seems to work pretty well for me since my =20
work-mac, powerbook, and home-mac are all syncing over .Mac and my =20
work-mac, where I spend most of my days is really my central calendar =20=

more than my Newt. So...if you're OK with your Newt being more of a =20
receiver of your calendar than a generator, this can be a good way to =20=

go while nowhereman (and my thoughts go out to him...wow...so much =20
chaos for one person :( ) or some other enterprising plug-in writer =20
fixes nSync. :-)

Or, better yet, some REALLY enterprising sort works out a iSync =20
conduit for Newt. (hint hint... if I could code it, I would... ;-) )

Ta, all!
-Sonya

Brian wrote:

> For syncing - try NewtSync 0.3.3 - but if your imac has Tiger then
> there currently is a problem syncing iCal, although clock and Address
> Book sync fine. BTW - has anyone found a fix for this yet?

=3D=3D
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 =97Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn