Re: [NTLK] Newton death and resurrection

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 12:14:46 PDT

> As soon as I plugged it in, it fired right up, AUTOMATICALLY, with no
> data lost. So here's a salute to my little green buddy!
> Co-incidentally, the power switch is still acting funky. Power-on is
> normal, but power-off either turns it off, toggles the backlight, or
> tuns it off, then on.

Welcome back. As for your switch problem, I would suggest getting a
software method of shutting off the newt and toggling the backlight.
Dashboard works well for this. Tapbar also works well and is free.
There are others, but those two I have used and work well. This will at
least will extend the life of your switch. Another possibility might be
to try cleaning the switch. Some people have reported success with this.

-Dan