[NTLK] NCU newbie

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 13:57:06 PDT

Is there are reason that you are using NCU? I'm assuming you have a MP2000
with two cards slots. If so, it's a lot easier to move packages using just
the Newton. (Extras, hilight package, tap the file folder icon, file)

Allen

------------------------------

>Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:47:12 -0500
>From: Thomas Isenbarger <isen_at_charter.net>
>Subject: [NTLK] NCU newbie
>I finally found an OS 9 external hard drive and so I am going to try
>NCU to move everything off my current ATA card onto a new 20 MB
>linear card I found. I have 4 partitions on the 32 MB card and I'd
>like to consolidate everything onto the 20 MB card.
>I just read the Read Me that comes with NCU and it says this:
>* NCU supports storage cards of 4MB or less.
>Is this true?
>I read the Wiki on doing this shuffling of packages from one card to
>another using NCU. I have a serial cable, a wireless card, and a
>wired Ethernet card. What is the most robust means of backing up
>with NCU and then restoring that to a new card?
>Thanks,
>Tom Isenbarger

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.

No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.