Re: [NTLK] Trouble setting up network

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 06:04:38 PDT

Jonathan Foerster wrote:
> Hi there buddy,
>
> I'm having one heck of a time enabling network services on a
> MP2000. I'm using NOS2.1... I've installed all the NIE2.0 bits,
> including Hiroshi's package... (I plan on using a Lucent WaveLAN silver).
>
> I can get the Newt to recognize the WaveLAN card... go through the
> setup, etc.
>
> But I can't see "Internet Setup"

You can't see it? Did you install it? ;)

You can view all packages on your Newton by opening Extras, tapping the top
tab and selecting "All Stores" and then "All Icons". Perhaps it got misfiled...

While you're at it, you should make sure you have all required packages installed:

-Newton Internet (when you tap it, it should identify itself as Version 2.0)
-Newton Devices
-NIE Ethernet Module
-Internet Setup
-802.11b Wavelan